2011 Federal Tax Credit

Energy Star LogoOn December 17, 2010, President Obama signed the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. This law extends the tax credits for energy efficiency into 2011 at adjusted levels.

Long Windows, Long Doors, Long Insulation, and Long Attic Mirror all qualify for the 2011 Federal Tax Credit!

Ask your product specialist about how you can receive:

  • A 10% credit up to $500 for insulation and doors
  • A credit for windows for up to $200

How Do I Apply For The Tax Credit

  • For products “placed in service” in 2011, you need to file the 2011 IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2011 taxes (by April 15, 2012).
  • On the 1040 form the residential energy tax credit (from Form 5695) is claimed on line 52.
  • Save your receipts and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records.
  • Submit Form 5695 with your taxes.

For complete information, visit