Roof Replacement & Installation
Roofing and roof replacement for homes in Washington, D.C., Richmond, Virginia, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Charlotte, North Carolina and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Long Roofing®: The professional company you can trust to give you peace of mind.
With over 70 years of home improvement experience, Long Roofing® is ready to protect your home. When you need a new roof, we are your roofers.
Why Long Roofing®? The answer is simple: We are the professional roofing company that you can trust to give you peace of mind.
We are elite. Long Roofing® holds the CertainTeed SELECT ShingleMaster roof replacement accreditation. Only 1% of roofers in the U.S. are CertainTeed SELECT ShingleMaster certified.
We are reputable. We apply a high standard of skill, safety and reliability to our roof replacement work. We stand firmly behind our no-nonsense 50-year, non-prorated, transferable warranty program. Not many roofers do the same.
We are growing. Long Roofing® has enjoyed such success in the Washington, D.C. metro area that we are taking our roof repair business nationwide. Find your metro region on the list below:
Integrity, honesty and a job well-done.
We are a family business with strong roots. Our founder, Bob Long joined Long’s Fence in 1948, and we’ve followed his lead ever since. Home improvement excellence is our mission. Long Roofing® stands out among other roofing companies because of the values that Mr. Long inspired: integrity, honesty and a job well-done. These are the qualities our roofers stand by every day.
Many hard-working homeowners have unpleasant experiences with roofers and roofing contractors who rely on lesser materials, fail to follow their own schedule or treat the family’s home like a construction site. That’s a shame.
In fairness, most roofers and roofing replacement pros have their heart in the right place. But the small business world can be difficult, and it’s hard for the neighborhood roofer to know if their business will still be open in five, 10 or 20 years. The warranty on your new roof may NOT be worth the paper it’s written on if your roofer is out of business.
The whole roof system: More than shingles and wood.
How close are you to your roof? Most people don’t know much about the components of a whole roof system. That’s fine! Not everyone is a roofer.
At Long Roofing®, we believe you should know about the industry-leading materials and serious roofing knowledge that go into every roof replacement we do. That’s why our roofing specialists will walk you through the process with as much time and detail as necessary to make sure you feel good about your investment.
Your roof is made up of:
- The deck, the wooden, structural surface of the roof.
- The drip edge, which guides water off the eaves.
- The ice and water barrier applied to the deck to prevent damage from potential ice damming.
- The underlayment to keep the deck dry while shingles are applied.
- Flashing to protect spots where the roof meets a vertical wall, like a chimney.
- Shingles to repel water and protect the roof. They look great, too!
- Ventilation to ensure your roof stays cool and dry, regardless of the conditions.
What kinds of roof replacements does Long Roofing® offer?
Did you know 80% of U.S. homes use asphalt shingles? Asphalt shingles are known for their economical, functional and aesthetic advantages. We offer asphalt shingles in a pair of styles:
- Often covered with asphalt shingles (80% of U.S. homes have asphalt shingles)
- Colors include Sea Green, Gray Frost, Black Pepper, Oakwood, Brick Red and more
- Roofing shingles guaranteed to resist streaking caused by airborne algae
- Use highly durable, laminated fiberglass shingles
- Our shake-style shingles have the rural, rustic look of authentic wooden shakes
- High-definition appearance
- Come in several color choices
- Shake-style shingles resist winds blowing up to 130 mph
Let’s talk about roofing.
If it’s time to replace your roof, we should talk today. Contact us now. We look forward to protecting your family and your home.
Long Roofing®: we want to be your roofer. We’re the professional company you can trust to give you peace of mind.