When renovating your home it is important to consider everything involved. The financial costs go way beyond the materials alone. Trying to save money on installation is often a huge mistake. Here are the reasons why a pro should install your windows, doors, kitchens, baths and roof components.
- Equipment: Specific up-to-date quality tools are required for any of these tasks. Spending money on equipment you are not likely to need again defeats the purpose of trying to save money. For example, installing replacement windows require some pricey tools. Without the proper tools, it is not likely the windows will be airtight, well-sealed and fully operational. Improperly installed windows expose your family to safety issues and create an easy entry point for intruders.
- Time: Naturally, a professional installer will perform the job in much less time than it would take for you to learn how to do it…make a few mistakes…have to tear out the poorly installed component…and do it all again. Don’t learn how to do an installation and use your own home as a practice case.
- Debris Removal: When you are replacing any part of your home, getting rid of the old material is not generally as easy as putting the trash out by the curb. When you hire a specialist, you can expect leaving a clean work site part of good craftsmanship and job completion. This is particularly true when it comes to things like reroofing or even kitchen cabinet replacement.
- Knowledge: Installers who specialize in the installation of your roof, windows, doors, kitchen and bath components have been thoroughly trained. Often they receive intensive training from the manufacturer of the material being used in your renovation.
- Reliability: Who are you going to call if you and your buddy try to fill the role of a pro installer? Reputable installers guarantee their work. If the installation has problems, it is likely to be repaired or replaced at no cost.
- Safety: Walking on roofs, lifting heavy cabinetry and handling glass has a great potential for injury. Not only are the pros trained to be safe on the job, they also have necessary safety equipment. They know how to minimize injury and respond quickly if unfortunate incidents occur.
- Manufactures Warranty: In most cases, the manufacturer will not warrant their products unless they are installed by professionals who have the training, experience and equipment to do the job properly.
- Insurance: One of the standard exclusions of your homeowner’s policy is bad repair or workmanship. If you hire a reputable pro installer, you are not likely to be caught with a denied claim due to the quality of installation.