Benefits of Acrylic
Acrylic Maximizes Practicality Without Sacrificing Beauty
Acrylic bath systems have been installed for over 25 years and are one of the fastest growing segments of the home remodeling industry. Here’s why:
- Acrylic is tough and will not chip or crack
- Acrylic is UV-stable and will not fade
- Exclusive protection resists mildew and bacteria growth
- No tear-out or mess
- Installs directly over tub and walls
- Installation takes one day so you can use your tub/shower the next day
- Acrylic is non-porous so it’s easier to clean and maintain
- Baths are warmer because acrylic retains heat 30% longer
- Save thousands over a traditional remodeling project
- Remodeling your bathroom improves the value of your home
- Styles and colors to complement every home
- Maintains a “new” appearance with minimal care
After the Dust Settles, Other Materials Show Their Disadvantages
Ceramic Tile – a standard in bathrooms for generations, has a porous surface that allows for mold and mildew making it hard to clean. Over time grout deteriorates increasing the risk of leakage. Tile that is in-style when installed may quickly become outdated.
Marble and Granite – look luxurious and have a price tag to match. In addition, their beauty is fragile because they stain very easily and require careful maintenance. These surfaces also feature grout that deteriorates with age, causing leaks and rot.
Fiberglass – one-piece surround systems have a short life span. Because they are not custom manufactured, stock sizes do not fit all bathrooms. In addition, mold and mildew can be problems because of the porous material.
Care and Cleaning
Lightly spray your acrylic systems with an ordinary, non-abrasive mild cleanser (such as Non-Ammonia Windex, Scrub Free, or Kaboom!) and wipe off with a sponge. Usually, less is best – just wipe off areas where soap or shampoo accumulated. No scrubbing required!